4 Ways to Stop Your Suffering & Attain Peace of Mind
By Dick Sutphen
Whatever you refuse to face consciously you must suffer unconsciously.
In fact all your current suffering is the result of situations you have refused to confront. You’ve refused to act, repressing your thoughts, feelings and emotions until they are like a rubber life raft held just below the surface of the water.
You can stand on the emotional raft, forcing it down, but when you run out of energy to do that, or when you are not guarded, the repressed emotions surface and you experience the effects.
The only way to resolve the conflicts in your life and attain peace of mind is to deal with them as directly, honestly and efficiently as possible. There are four steps to end suffering and to attain peace of mind:
1) ACCEPT SELF-RESPONSIBILITY: In accepting karma as your philosophical basis of reality, you accept self responsibility. Your problems are karmic situations you need to experience to learn and grow. There is no one to blame for anything you’ve ever experienced. And remember, wisdom erases karma, and the law of grace supersedes the law of karma (if you give love and mercy and grace in your life, you will receive the same in return).
2) ACCEPT THAT WHAT IS, IS: Accept the things you cannot change, change the things you can and have the wisdom to know the difference. Remember, you cannot change another human being.
3) DEVELOP DETACHED MIND: The goal is to enjoy all the good stuff life has to offer, but when outside conditions change, refrain from sinking into the basement of emotions (anger, hatred, desire for revenge). Allow negativity to flow through you without affecting you.
4) HARMONIOUS VIEWPOINT: The way you experience life is based on the way you choose to view what happens to you. Your viewpoint is the deciding factor in whether you perceive life as a troublesome journey or a harmonious experience.
Four steps to end suffering and obtain peace of mind! I’ve been working on these four wisdom points for 40 years and I’m still not there. But I can’t imagine living my life without this philosophical back up.
Visit Dick at: www.dicksutphen.org
Latest posts by Dick Sutphen (see all)
- 4 Ways to Stop Your Suffering & Attain Peace of Mind - April 13, 2016
- Think You Know What Karma Is? Maybe You Don’t … - January 19, 2016
- How To Stop Trying To Control Outcomes - November 18, 2015
About the Author
Dick (Richard) Sutphen,CCHT is the author of the million-copy bestseller, You Were Born Again to Be Together (Simon & Schuster). He has authored 21 New Age books, seven for Simon & Schuster who calls him “America’s Foremost Psychic Researcher.” As a specialist in Human Potential techniques, Past-Life Regression, and Spirit-Contact Therapy®, Richard has a private hypnotherapy practice, and he has trained thousands of people to be professional hypnotists. His radio show on BlogTalkRadio is heard by nearly half a million people a week. Visit Dick at: www.dicksutphen.org